An established but entrepreneurial online education company based in Redwood City is seeking to fill a 3-6 month contract position for a hands-on product manager.
You’ll be responsible for building a deep understanding of a specific vertical market. You will build comprehensive knowledge of the competitive landscape, translating consumer and competitive knowledge into opportunities to improve the website performance against metrics including conversion rate, average order value, purchase funnel optimization, and other metrics appropriate for different pages of the site. Your responsibilities will include aligning cross-functional stakeholders in support of our goal to provide a website experience that help customers achieve more in their professional lives.
- Work cross-functionally to understand market needs, customer journeys, identify opportunities and issues, and how to solve them. You’ll use A/B testing and data to identify which solution is most likely to optimize site metrics. You would continually align your work with those objectives and seek to deliver business value.
- Be rigorous in executing A/B tests with best practices to ensure credibility of outcomes, managing trade-offs and overall implementation, interfacing with technical and business teams.
- Analyze test results and product metrics to identify the best course of action, stepping back to understand the broader context and using the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity.
- Be curious, open, and comfortable with change.
- Listen effectively.
- Minimum 2 years product management experience with consumer driven websites. (Will consider WordPress development experience with demonstrated A/B test expertise and business judgment.)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Expertise with WordPress is required
- Experience with Optimizely highly desirable
- Highly organized and reliable in meeting deadlines
- Teamwork and collaboration: you work effectively in teams, creating jointly owned goals and measuring your success in terms of the overall team’s performance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to a variety of audiences
Interested parties should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Work samples welcome but not required.